The ELSC provides numerous opportunities for Widener Law Commonwealth students to explore and launch careers in environmental law and network with fellow students and those in the field. These include:
- Environmental Law Certificate
- This certificate is available through the Law and Government Institute.
- Summer jobs and jobs during the school year with various Pennsylvania state governmental agencies in Harrisburg.
- Environmental Law-related Classes
- ELSC faculty teach a variety of classes on environmental topics.
- Volunteer Opportunities
- We host a Distinguished Environmental Speakers Series that brings in prominent speakers from academia and law practice.
- Environmental Law and Policy Society
- Student-run organization that engages in a wide variety of activities, from raising money for planting trees with a campus flag football tournament to hosting panels on environmental careers.
- In previous years, they have toured Harrisburg’s water treatment facility, among other things.
- Outdoor Recreation Opportunities
- Students, alumni, and faculty have participated in an introductory Appalachian Trail hike with Joe Neville from Keystone Trails Association.
- The campus is located five minutes away from Wildwood Park, which offers many outdoor activities.